2017 PRE-SEASON SKILLS & DRILLS PROGRAM
Madeira Rec Basketball is pleased to again provide a pre-season program for players to develop the fundamentals of their game in advance of the upcoming basketball season. The program will offer 7 sessions of ball handling, skill development, and drills. All sessions are for both girls and boys, and are separated between 3rd/4th grade players and 5th/6th/7th grade players.
The sessions will be conducted by a combination of current and former MHS/MMS coaches, former MHS Varsity players, and experienced Madeira Rec coaches. The program will run from Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 29, which will lead directly into the beginning of team practices for Madeira Rec Basketball. All sessions will be held at Madeira Middle School. You can choose to come to all sessions, or only to those sessions that fit within your schedule.
Players will be required to bring their own basketball to each session (we will not have extra basketballs), and should not bring sports drinks (only water). Players will be expected to submit the Emergency Medical Information prior to participating. This form can be found within the 2017 Skills & Drills Flyer in the Documents section of this website.
COST: $5 per session or $30 for entire program.
Payment will be expected prior to each session.
Checks can be made out to Madeira Recreational Basketball.
DATES / TIMES (ALL SESSIONS AT MMS):
1. Thu. 10/12 – 3rd/4th grade (6:30-7:30pm); 5th/6th/7th grade (7:30-8:30pm)
2. Sat. 10/14 – 3rd/4th grade (9:00-10:00am); 5th/6th/7th grade (10:00-11:00am)
3. Tue. 10/17 – 3rd/4th grade (6:30-7:30pm); 5th/6th/7th grade (7:30-8:30pm)
4. Sun. 10/22 – 3rd/4th grade (4:00-5:00pm); 5th/6th/7th grade (5:00-6:00pm)
5. Thu. 10/26 – 3rd/4th grade (6:30-7:30pm); 5th/6th/7th grade (7:30-8:30pm)
6. Sat. 10/28 – 3rd/4th grade (4:00-5:00pm); 5th/6th/7th grade (5:00-6:00pm)
7. Sun. 10/29 – 3rd/4th grade (4:00-5:00pm); 5th/6th/7th grade (5:00-6:00pm)
For further information/questions, please e-mail Brad Conner at